Privacy Collection NoticeThis privacy collection notice applies to the purchase of on-line goods through the Centre for Emotional Health Product Shop website.
We collect personal information about you and from you, such as your name, address, email and phone number, in the following circumstances:
- When you pay for goods on-line;
- When we process returns or exchanges;
- When we ask for your delivery details;
- When you telephone us or visit the website to make an enquiry to which a response is requested and to do so requires your contact details;
- If you accept our offer to be included on a marketing distribution list in relation to our goods or related services;
- To better understand your requirements, and improve what we offer;
- For any other reason which relate to the services we provide to you as our customer.
2. Use of your personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of running our business or providing services to you, for example:
- To accept your offer to purchase, eg to confirm the creation of an order;
- To request additional information from you regarding an offer to purchase made by you, eg to verify your identity or the credit card used to make a purchase;
- To perform an authorised financial transaction with you;
- To update you about an order;
- To deliver your order to you at the requested delivery address;
- To respond to any customer service enquiries received from you;
- To provide you with information about products or services where you have requested or consented to receive this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To ensure content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or electronic device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and
- For any other reason that relates to the services we provide for the purpose of running our business.
We may collect information which does not identify you personally when cookies are used on our websites. A cookie is a text only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. These cookies are known as your unique visitor cookie and identify your visit only by random number, the name of the domain where the cookie has come from and the lifetime of the cookie. Cookies do not collect financial information or passwords. You can accept or decline cookies by adjusting the “accept cookies” setting on your browser, however this may affect the functionality of the website.
4. Other information collected when you access our website
We may also collect other information from you when you visit our website that will not personally identify you such as:
- The internet browser you used;
- Operating system used;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Path taken through the website and the number of visitor you are to the website.
5. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related companies and service providers on the condition that they will use it only for the same purposes related to delivery of the goods and services to you. We disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks on our behalf;
- Our online payment gateway service provider (see below);
- Couriers and delivery business with who we arrange to deliver the goods to you;
- Third party software providers who store your details for us (such as Shopify, see below);
- Companies we engage for advice such as lawyers, accountants auditors;
- Related marketing businesses provided that you have consented to us to receive marketing material;
- Where we are obliged by law to disclose your information;
- Where we have your express permission to do so.
Disclosure to Shopify in Canada
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc, which is a Canadian company. They provide us with the online eCommerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Disclosure to Gateway Provider
If you pay by credit card, your credit card data goes to a direct payment gateway to process run by Shopify, in Canada.
Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
6. Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Your credit card information goes directly through to the Shopify payment gateway and is stored by them until it is no longer required for the transaction. The credit card data is encrypted in accordance with the PCI-DSS requirements. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we ensure that our gateway providers follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
7. Access to information and complaints
If you wish to view or change any of your personal information which we have collected and hold or you wish to make a complaint, please contact us via email@example.com.